Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I'm so used to being kicked in the teeth with election results...

That I get over it fast now. I've been through denial. I've been through forlorn hope. I've been through despair. I accept the verdict and am ready for four more years of George W. Bush.

I also accept that there's definitely still a very, very slim chance of Kerry pulling a victory out from here. "Pressure to concede" be damned. Quitters give up.

But realistically, I've come to terms with it. It's not like I live over there, after all. And I have the consolation of knowing that even the rabid Bush conservatives now have to deal with a powerful and resolute opposition. Kerry will be painted as a pathetic also-ran by the conservative media, but truth is, with a little more fair coverage, and a lot more of a fair electoral system, Kerry could have pulled it off. And that George W. Bush now has to face the consequences of everything that he has reaped in the past four years.